Wow! Whirlwinded. That is how I can describe that last few weeks. Jerry was supposed to go in to have a urological procedure - He had prostate cancer and had IMRT 4 years ago. He developed some scar tissue that caused a blockage. His dr. tired a in office procedure. It didn't work and he was to have an outpatient procedure on September 13. The procedure went well but he had an infection and he was admitted. It was supposed to be for a few days of IV antibiotics. He had a complication and didn't return home until last Friday.
At times we didn't know what to do. We had blessings from the priesthood and finally a consult with an infectious disease doctor. The high power and expensive antibiotics started to work and he was able to be released. He lost 20 pounds in the hospital. He needed to lose weight but that is a really hard way to do it.
The missionaries from Cleveland were summoned and they gave us terrific priesthood blessings. I knew that the Lord was blessing us during his hospitalization but was spiritually uplifting to have the priesthood working in our behalf. Angels were attending us - we knew it - and it was confirmed by the blessings we received. I was never afraid of the worst happening. Jerry has too much to do before he is to be taken to heaven.
He was at a new hospital in Beachwood, Ohio. The hospital administration came into his room on the day of his release and asked him questions about how the hospital could improve because he was one of the few that had spent 17 days at the facility.
He is happy to be home and I am happy to have him here. I was really lonely without him. I moved a bed down into the family room for him and I have slept on the couch so that I would be near him. Last night he made me sleep upstairs. I fought him on it but he insisted. I made him promise to call me using his cell phone if he needed anything.
He is on his way to recovery and we feel blessed. He still needs to see the doctors for follow-up care but the infection is under control.
Thank you to all of our family and friends for their support. We love you all.
No comments:
Post a Comment